Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lift Off!

Last Weekend, April 24th, I had my first race as a Category 5 Road racer. There couldn't have been a better event to break the ice for me than the Pedal Dynamics Green Valley Time Trial in Flaming Geyser Park, Wa. There were only about 156 racers and most of them came equipped with full carbon TT bikes, as opposed to something like I have which is a road bike that normal people ride. This made for excellent bike and people watching, mostly because the people that specialize in time trials have the biggest legs you'll ever see and their aero suits are sorta funny looking anyhow. The course was 12 miles with a turn-around marker 6 miles out, fairly flat and straight and super wet. It started raining just before my start time :)

I'm going to have to say, I had a lot of fun and placed better than I thought I would.

Time: 30:25.67
Cat 4/5: 32nd place out of 45
Overall: 99th place out of 156

Avg HR: 173bpm
Max HR: 181bpm
Kcal: 571
Avg spd: 23.7mph
Max Spd: 25.3mph

Looking forward to knocking out 9 more races, then I can upgrade to a Cat 4. A fun journey I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment