Monday, June 18, 2012

Pre-Capital Stage Race Recap

It's very likely that I will be inspired to write-up a full recap of this weekend's stage racing experience: Pictures will probably be uploaded (Reed, I'm looking at you) and it will be day 2 of off-the-bike-feet-up-recovery. We all know that means beer to my right, laptop on my lap, and purring cats on my left - How can one not be inspired to "blog" in such relaxed ecstasy?

In the mean time, I wanted to give you (mostly NW CAT3 racers, I assume) a rough idea of the brutality we went though this weekend so you can have something to feel good about until I remind you how badly I can still out-climb you sad suckers ;)

Stage 1 Road Race - 2h:25m:40s, 60.3mi, 24.8mph avg YIKES (my avg HR was 168 if that gives you an idea of how badly I was hurting, and I topped out at 193bpm)
Stage 2 Time Trial - 7m:46s, 3.6mi, 28.7mph avg
Stage 3 Criterium - 40m:12s, 17mi, 24.3mph avg (again, my avg HR was about 174bpm)
Stage 4 Road Race - 4h:12m:50s, 88.8mi, 21mph avg (I was solo most of this race, I'm sure the rest of you had a much higher avg)
That's a total of 169.7 miles (7h:43m:46s) of RACING, not riding at a reasonable pace, in THREE DAYS. Daaaaaang.

It was a pleasure racing this weekend with all of you fine folks. Considering how relentless the pace was all three days, I'd say we did a pretty fantastic job at keeping it safe. Shout outs to Tony Blazejack (Starbucks Cycling/SCCA) for crushing the sprint on stage one, Todd Baumeister (Apex Racing Team) for showing all of us what a REAL time trial effort looks like, Thorsten Askervold (HSP/ Herriott Sports Performance) for being a 16 year old that can still out-sprint us all in any crit, Richard Machhein (Local Ride Racing) for finishing off everyone in the 90mi Queen Stage late-breakaway, Warren McAndrew (Fischer Plumber Cycling Team) for snagging the overall GC win, and of course ALL YOU FUCKERS THAT BUSTED YOUR ASS TO CHASE ME AND THAT PROCITY KID DOWN at the beginning of Stage 4.

Rest up. Drink up. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Nice race recap. Too bad we couldnt make that break stick on stage 4. Keep up the ridding man your crazy strong, I just barely had the stones to follow you up that hill, procity racing btw :)

    ReplyDelete