Wednesday, July 17, 2013

BMC Cacade Cycling Classic

After a 3rd place result in the Joe Matava Memorial crit on the 4th of July, followed by a 2nd place finish in the Brad Lewis Memorial (Boat Street) crit a couple weeks ago I was barely able to upgrade to Category 2 in time for the Cascade Classic in Bend, OR. I literally got my upgrade approval back the day before registration closed. Last minute. I'm so good at that.

 So here we are. I'm sitting in my living room with an ice chest half-full of produce and snacks, 2 bikes, 2 bags, and a juicer, waiting for Nate Pitts to get here with the van and our posse. I'm actually going to Bend for the CCC! Lots of hard work and self coaching for the past 2.5 seasons has finally paid off. Herriott Sports Performance will be represented by our two juniors, Max "The Missile" O'Neil, and Thorsten Askervold, plus rookie cat 2's yours truly and Ted Schwartz, led by our wise and fearless leader, Brian Hitchcock. 5 swords, each with their own set of skills. I'm really excited to get smacked up by the best cat2s on the West Coast and/or do the smacking myself, with the help of The Hit Squad (HSP Elite team). 

Rides here. Check back in soon for daily updates of the adventure. Additionally I will be using twitter (@ericgantbastard) and Instagram (@excockrell) to update. Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment