Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mercer Island Loop

Yesterday Matt and I went out to ride the Mercer Island Loop. This was easily the most gorgeous 2 hours yet. And considering it was so short, I'm sure this will become a pre-work ride.


We entered/exited through the I-90 bike tunnel. Martin Luther King Blvd. will take you right up to the tunnel which will dump you off on a trail that runs up against the freeway.


The worst head wind imaginable is to be expected anytime one encounters the I90 bridge via bicycle. That isn't to say you can't haul some serious ass down that slope.


During the said "ass-hauling" I noticed a mildly obscure placement of what appears to be an small arsenal of "security cameras". I say obscure, because these are located on the water underneath a bridge... Let's take a closer look.


What are you looking at?

Once we made it to the Island, there was no head wind or big brother to distract us. There was however, the now, undisclosed location of FernGully.





Herb Break






After our pit stop, we got back on the dusty trail only to be immediately passed up by 3 young roadies holding what I would consider an impressive pace for such a distance as the loop. Naturally we sped up and tried to tail them. They were quick, but once we hit the rollers it was on. I think this is where they had agreed to drop eachother as need be. Matt and I passed up one of them on the first set... And let me give a shout out to Matt, because this fool rides with me all the time and he rolls on a track bike. Not easy when you live amongst some of the most retarded hills I've ever witnessed. I sprinted up the last hill (easy 2 miles) and caught #2 mid way, continued to the peak and bombed down to the freeway... #1 was a beast, fool was already halfway down the bridge when I stopped. There I waited for Matt and we made way to the hood for some more climbing before heading home. A productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment