Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Magnolia Loop (Interbay)

Today was a hill workout to the most extreme. I rode the Magnolia Loop for a total of 15.5 miles and it punished me at every block. I warmed up around Capitol Hill, then bombed Denny Way to Interbay, where I took a detour, 11 blocks up West Dravus St. If I can climb that wall of a street with just 75% effort in the future, then I know my training is going well. Easily the steepest grade hill I've ever ridden. After climbing up to 26th St. I took Manor Pl to Gilman Ave for a gradual climb up and around Discovery Park.

The great thing about climbing hills in Seattle is that more often than not, there is a breathtaking view once you get to the top.





Avg. Speed: 14.5mph
Max Speed: 35.9mph
Avg. HR: 151bpm
Max HR: 183bpm (there must be something wrong, shouldn't this be higher?)

No comments:

Post a Comment