Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spectating, Made Fun

The Ballard Twilight Crit is upon us and you know what that means? People on bikes racing through Old Ballard at 25+MPH while enthused locals cheer them on from one of many awesome bars along the course. Some of which actually stream the race live on their TVs. If booze isn't your thing, you can always get super jacked on caffeine at some the local cafes.

Either way, this event holds a special place in my heart because of the post-race comradery that develops between me and my opponents. Nothing like hauling ass for 40 minutes through a historic part of town on shitty brick against 75 other dudes who all want it was badly as you, then kicking back some cold ones and nerding out together. It's magical, and if youre reading this I highly recommend that you join me in the race and/or post-race. I mean, it's a Saturday afternoon, lets have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment