Thursday, June 23, 2011

Food Done Right

Yesterday I took my friend (& teammate), Mike Roecklein to one of Seattle's few organic cafes, Chaco Canyon, for lunch. He's only able to come visit from California once or twice a year so I try to make sure he gets to experience some of the best vegan food this city has to offer. It was difficult to finalize an order with so many delicious looking menu items, but in the end we stuck with an Artichoke Melt (w/ House Salad) and a Lentil Burger (w/ quinoa taboulleh). We devoured our own sides and split the burger and sandwich so we could get a well rounded experience. Before I go any further about the meal, I have something to get off my chest...

-Almost everywhere I've gone to eat that offers a vegan plate, fails to put ANY salt in said meal. WTF?! We like flavor just as much as the next person, theres nothing cruel about salt consumption!

As you may have guessed, yes, our meal was a little under-seasoned. But on the flip side, it was still really fucking good. They've got Himalayan salt and black pepper on the table, so no harm done. The lentil burger was especially impressive. It wasn't dry, nor did it flake apart after each bite. In fact, it had the texture everyone desires in a burger patty: moist, firm and flavorful throughout. And for being so well executed, it was surprisingly "light," as Mike put it.

If you're in the University District of Seattle looking for some good eats, Chaco Canyon gets my vote. But don't take my word for it... take a look at their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment