Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy 24th Birthday to ME!

Treated myself to a 2hr tempo ride with some 3x5min effort and 3 sets of hill repeats up Madrona. That's a long hill. I'll come back for more, or just go out to Cougar Mt.


After my 3rd set, I decided to go all the way up to the top of 34th Ave and explore a little. It was then I saw the most camo-ed out truck in existence. If I wasn't so afraid of being picked off by a rifle when they smell a vegetarian in the air, I would have gotten closer to see if that was an impressive wrap job or completely hand painted. The world my never know.

Also, thanks Mike for the white Swiftwick socks. They really did make me look tanner than I already am (I can say that because NW racers are pasty).

I'd like to inform you all that you can finally sleep better tonight knowing that soon you won't be forced to look at more pictures of my pathetic "race bike." That's right, I'm finally getting a new bike. Team Director Sportif, James Becher (becher+), has kindly sold me last years team bike, Masi 3vc Team Issue. Its got mixed Campy Record/Chorus, a set of DT Swiss wheels, and is expected to be in my arms in a week or so. Woohoo. Finally, I'll look like a real bike racer. It's almost certain that I'll be faster too, since my current steed is mostly aluminum and 6 years old. Lets just call it "weight training" for now.

Eeeaak!

No comments:

Post a Comment