Sunday, November 6, 2011

End Base 1.3 Cycle

Today marks the end of my first Base Training period, thus making next week all about recovery, WOOHOO. May goal was 3 hours today to lock in a 15 hour training week. I did 2.5, cause I slept in. Close enough right? I wanted to see what my body was capable of as I started my training again so I tapered my hourly workouts as follows: Week 1, Base 1.1 = 9 hours Week 2, Base 1.2 = 12 hours Week 3, Base 1.3 = 15 hours Week 4, Base 1.4 = 7 hours I am only doing 3 hour increases for this first period so that I can jump start my fitness. We'll see if it works out for me as I drop it down to 2 hour increases in my upcoming rides. I think all is well with my body, since I've felt fine; no knee pain or abnormal muscle soreness. Also, I went to the doc's to get a full physical with bloodwork to make sure I'm a healthy vegan. Results tomorrow, how exciting. For me atleast. I won't leave you hanging, so here are some more pictures I snapped on my ride this afternoon. Seattle is so beautiful, gah'damn.
Downtown Seattle from the Burke Gilman, Fremont.

Lake Washington Blvd, see the volcano?

Mt. Rainier close up, via Lake Washington

One of my favorite descents in town, Dexter.

Thanks for looking. Off to Ocho to cook tapas all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment