Thursday, June 10, 2010

(Mid-Season?) Base Training

Since my mental downfall at the Ballard Twilight and heavy drinking this past week, it only seem appropriate to regain maximum strength via "easy spinning" with of course the constant hill climb and occasional 15 minute interval session. I say "downfall" because I failed to preregister for my A-Priority race of the season and got left on the sidelines with at least 30 other people (unfortunate racers) to watch the 75 lucky (smart) ones race. Total buzz-kill.

Regardless, this was enough to make me want to whip into shape as effectively as possible if only to get a road racing clinic (worth 5 races toward my CAT4 upgrade via Cycle University), a couple track races, and a few intense Team Becher+ training rides in with a teammate/friend (Mike Roecklien)coming up from Southern California. There's no way in hell I'm about to accept the fact that I won't have the opportunity to race in anything over 30 miles for the rest of the season...even though, it's a fact... I won't.

I need to put the miles in my legs regardless of my emotional cycling crisis, so I've made sure to keep my phone and/or a real life camera with me for the excursions ahead. Consider the following (cycling related) entries part of the "Scenic Route" impromptu series I've just started.

Golden Gardens



Magnolia



Elliot Bay Bike Trail




Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment