Sunday, June 6, 2010

PDX: Food Heaven

Last week Jessica and I took the train down to Portland to celebrate for her 27th birthday. Although it would have been nice to spend more than 8 hours there, it was still a success.

Veganopolis was our priority food stop until we discovered they were moving cities. We did however find ourselves at an equally mind-blowing vegan friendly spot: Vita Cafe.

The food went down too quickly to snap any photos, but I did have a couple of their delicious Bloody Marys.

I will say this though, best biscuits and gravy in the country. Some of you may be semi familiar with my U.S. Tour de Vegan Biscuits and Gravy that began a couple years ago when I was invited to tour with Embrace the End for their album release, Ley Lines. During our month and a half long trip around the country, I made it a point to order, consume, and reflect on vegan biscuits and gravy at any stop possible. At the time, Salt Lake City's Vertical Diner was holding strong at 1st place...but alas! Vita Cafe is now our country's leader. Portland peeps, get at it.

Think you've found the best? Please, do tell.


Until the next breakfast, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment